800-338-6425 or 254-687-2331
Policy on Privacy and
2. HILCO Electric Cooperative collects and maintains appropriate information about its members as a routine part of its operations.
3. When providing electricity and related services, HILCO Electric Cooperative collects information from members, including name, address, telephone number, Social Security number, credit information, and payment and usage history. Usage history may include information on a memberís property and appliances, health information for lifeline service, service history, and information maintained for meter reading purposes (e.g., warning about a dog in the yard, etc.).
4. Membership and governance activities may result in the maintenance of capital and patronage account information for members and former members, and contact information for former members.
5. HILCO Electric Cooperative may survey a sample of its members to collect information to identify needs or improve service.
6. Other activities by HILCO Electric Cooperative or its affiliates, either now or in the future, will result in the collection of additional information about a memberís property, appliances, and activities. This information will be collected and maintained only when and to the extent appropriate to provide the services.
7. This notice describes generally HILCO Electric Cooperativeís privacy and confidentiality policies. The policy is not a formal limitation on the ability of HILCO Electric Cooperative to use, manage, and disclose its records as HILCO Electric Cooperative determines to be necessary, appropriate, or as required by law. It is subject to change without notice.
1. General Practices: HILCO Electric Cooperative maintains information about members for purposes that are suitable to its operations and management. Information is collected only through lawful and fair means and for appropriate purposes. HILCO Electric Cooperative is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about members as necessary for the purpose for which the information is to be used.
2. Access and Correction: HILCO Electric Cooperative generally permits its members to access and seek correction of records about themselves that are used by HILCO Electric Cooperative to provide service, for billing, and to manage capital accounts. Any person who wants to identify personal records maintained by HILCO Electric Cooperative, access the records, or correct the records should contact HILCO Electric Cooperative.
1. HILCO Electric Cooperative maintains member information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. No record or computer system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. HILCO Electric Cooperative provides reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
2. HILCO Electric Cooperative requires its employees and, when practicable and appropriate, its affiliates and contractors who have access to identifiable member information to comply with it. Any employee or contractor who fails to comply with these rules may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
2. Records may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by HILCO Electric Cooperative to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, billing, and management functions including legal, audit, and collection services.
3. Member-consumer information may be disclosed to and shared with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
4. Members may access information about their specific accounts, minutes from past Board of Director meetings, minutes from past Annual Meetings, or other records pertaining to the Cooperative that are not specific in nature to another memberís personal information by making an appointment for no more than four members in each meeting with the General Manager/CEO and viewing the documents in the presence of the General Manager/CEO or a delegate of the General Manager/CEO. Information from documents may be hand-copied, but photographic images or copies are not allowed. When Cooperative staff assistance is required to interpret the data, the requesting member will be responsible for reimbursing the Cooperative for the employee(s) time.
5. Records may be disclosed to government regulators and other government agencies when authorized or required by law.
Records may also be compiled in aggregate form
7. Records may be disclosed when required by law, such as in response to a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. HILCO Electric Cooperative may use and disclose records for investigations into employee misconduct or for law enforcement investigations related to our business. Disclosures may also be made when appropriate to protect HILCO Electric Cooperativeís legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. These events are unlikely, but they are possible. HILCO Electric Cooperative will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
8. Records may be shared with other utilities under shared service agreements or to meet operational requirements.
9. Records about a member may be disclosed at the request of or with the permission of the member.
In addition, member information may be shared
with affiliates and partners of
Questions about the policy may be directed to the main
office. Any disputes over access,
correction, or other matters may also be directed to that office.
A. The board shall ensure that this policy reflects current practices for personal information about members.
B. The General Manager/CEO is responsible for the administration of this policy.
APPROVED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Steve Sawyer, President
Steve Sawyer, President
HILCO Main Office
115 East Main Street
P.O. Box 127
Itasca, Texas 76055
(254) 687-2331 or (800) 338-6425
Fax (254) 687-2428
HILCO Whitney Office
4581 FM 933
P.O. Box 2480
Whitney, Texas 76692
(254) 694-5237 or (888) 850-6551
Fax (254) 694-4062
HILCO Midlothian Office
300A Silken Crossing
Midlothian, Texas 76065
Fax (972) 723-2911
|Click Here for Map||Click Here for Map||Click Here for Map|